Sunday, January 14, 2018

Day 2 Catch the bug Birthday Bash

Sunday January 14, 2018
 
Day 2 of the Catch the bug 8th Birthday Bash at Catch the bug..
 
Today we have a SKETCH for you.. It's very simple so should take no time at all to do and enter on our challenge.
 


This is the sketch. .. Our theme is Birds, Butterflies and Birthday Wishes
 
This is my take on the sketch.. I embossed the black background with a birthday embossing folder it's really hard to see but it's has birthday wishes all over it.. I then found some nice bright designer paper and cut the strip and using my corner chomper rounded the corners. I used color pencils and colored the Birthday Bird 02  I then went around the image with a sharpie so it had a nice black line around the image. I used My Favorite Things circle stitch die and added it to the DP strip. I added a Hero Arts sentiment  I love the rich colors. I am really liking the Prismacolored pencil look.  

Challenges:
Dragonfly journey #109 - hooray for birthdays
Simon Wednesday - pattern paper
4 crafty chicks #385 - anything goes /opt. no blues
Crafty catz #399 - anything goes/opt. for ladies
Polkadoodles wk. 2 - anything goes
Color crazy wk. 2 - anything goes 
Crazy 4 challenges #417 - duck/turkey/chicken/bird etc.
My time to craft #362 - something new (birthday year)

13 comments:

Lisa said...

So adorable!! The image is so sweet!! I love the colors!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Nance said...

Sweet birthday card, colorful and festive! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Lisa Lynn said...

Great card Billie. Love your coloring. We were thinking alike by using the same image for this challenge.

Lin said...

Such a fun image, and your patterned paper panel works perfectly with it, Billie! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Aunty Sue said...

Billie this is fabulous and congrats on the 8 years, thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz this week hope to see you next week

tilly said...

a lovely card, thanks for joining our challenge at crafty catz and hope to see you again
Tilly

Heidi said...

Supercute, great card design! Colour Crazy Challenge

Sabrina Lamarina said...

Sweet! Thanks for joining us in our week 14 Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles Sabrina DT

Cass said...

Super fun card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Jeannie said...

Hi Billie! Cute little critter on this very cute creation. Thanks so much for joining my blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Jeannie said...

Hi Billie! Cute little critter on this very fun creation. Thanks so much for joining my blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Cara said...

This is so fun! Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

Pat said...

Lovely card with a great image, thanks for sharing at MTTC .

Pat xx