Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Friendship has its perks - Inspiration Destination #143

Wednesday January 31, 2018
 
Welcome to another challenge at Inspiration Destination #144 and our theme is Anything Goes
 
 
It's calendar page time again. Over the past years I have been with a group of ladies where we create calendar pages and we have 12 different pages from these various ladies to enjoy for the month..
Well times have changed so now I am with a group that is from my own state of WA. in fact my own county.. So I was lucky enough to be given Feb. as my page. So I needed to make 12 pages that are all the same and then all the other 11 ladies do the same with their month. These are given to my friend Karen and she uses my binding machine and makes up the 12 calendars for each of us.. 
Now I have a 2018 calendar with 12 awesome pages to enjoy each month.  These ladies are awesome on their creations. This is my page. I knew it was a "love" month and so I used a Stampin up large wheel and Versa Mark and ran it over 3 - 8.5 X 11 Kraft and clear embossed. I then cut the sheets into 4  - 4.25 X 5.5 pieces. I took Stampin up card stock and cut the red dot paper so it kinda looked like a table cloth. I turned the dp over and used the scraps for the calendar backing.  I then stamped 12 Simon Says coffee cups onto Stampin up designer paper and using red Stampin up ink I added the heart. I fussy cut out each coffee cup and using foam dots added this to the page.  I used brown copic and
Wink of Stella for the coffee. I stamped 12 Simon Says sentiments and used My Favorite Things banner die and went around the edges with Quick Quote chalk ink I also added foam dots to this piece.  I like the homey feeling this card gives and I get to enjoy my page for the whole month.. even if this is a short month...
 
Challenges:
Word art Wednesday wk. 318-319 - anything goes
QKR stampede #280 - anything goes
The crazy challenge #267 - love
Crafty sentiments - anything goes
Crafty catz #401 - anything goes /opt. something new
Creative fingers #142 - anything goes
Crafting from the heart #192 - anything goes

8 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Billie, love the coffee cup and the sentiment. Your calendar is just so creative.

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Billie
quick commenting from Office hehe
I am always busy at home with houshold fitness and kids really sorry so less time playing on my Bloggy friends blog
I love this MUG so cuute with heart
and the February calendar is clever idea
Love it
and the BG you made it self?
LOVE!!
great card Billie
hugs
Monika

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous card Billie
Dianne xx :)

~amy~ said...

how awesome, love your calendar page!

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I love the design and the sentiment!! What a fun swap!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Dorothy S said...

Back again...
What a great background you created for your calendar! Enjoy it. Thanks for entering this challenge at QKR Stampede - Anything Goes. Dorothy S, DT member

Karen Letchworth said...

You're so creative, Billie. Stopping by your blog is always fun, and I really want to thank you for playing along in our challenges.
have a blessed week!
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Tindaloo said...

Love the coffee themed card and great sentiment! :) Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers & Welcome back! ♥ DT Tindaloo