Saturday, January 13, 2018

Day 1 Catch the bug Birthday Bash

Saturday January 13, 2018
 
Welcome to Day 1 of  Catch the bug 8th Birthday Bash..
 
We have a fun filled week of challenges and our theme is
Birds, Butterflies and Birthday Wishes..
So make sure you use one of the themes and a birthday sentiment.
 
Our first challenge is BOLD & BRIGHT BIRTHDAY WISHES
 
 
So this is really bold and bright card.. It is way out of my colors for brightness. I am usually dimmer on colors. But I like this and my hubby really loved it..  This image is called Cherry Bird   I took the bright yellow and my flower embossing folder and created the background. I then used My Favorite Things stitch die to cut out the teal and bird. I colored the image with copics and went over the butterfly and birds eyes with Wink of Stella glitter pen. For the sentiment which is from Simon Says. I stamped it and I didn't have an arch die so I used a couple of circle dies to get the curves.. I went around the edges with Quick Quote chalk ink.  I hope you are inspired and take a look at the design teams creations or more inspiration.

Challenges:
Dragonfly journey #109 - hooray for birthdays
Artistic inspirations #192 - anything goes
Crafty sentiments - anything goes
Through the craft-room doors - anything goes
Creative moments #134 - anything goes/opt. new
Fab 'n' funky #376 - happy
Brown sugar #274 - birthday
QKR stampede #278 - anything goes
Crafty catz #399 - anything goes/opt. for ladies 
Polkadoodles wk. 2 - anything goes
Allsorts wk. 450 - no pattern paper
Crazy 4 challenges #417 - duck/turkey/chicken/bird etc.
Sweet stampin - lots of layers
My time to craft #362 - something new (birthday year)

22 comments:

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Fabulous card. I LOVE the bold colour.
Definitely my resolution for this year is to add more colour to my cards.
xxx

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Super cute card Billie. Love that image and the way the birthday greeting is shaped around it.
Hugs,
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Bugaboo DT Teamie

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the colors and the adorable image!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Monika Reeck said...

Oh so bright and happy card
cute Image
and love the coloring in bright colors
Lovely half circle sentiment
hugs
Monika
PS: I sent you a post hope it come soon to your Post box :)

Lisa Lynn said...

Billie, your card is adorable. Your bird is so bright and colorful and love the embossing.

cass said...

Fun Card. Thanks for joining us this month for our "Birthday" Challenge at The Brown Sugar Challenge.

Chris said...

A fabulous fun card! So bright and cheerful, just what we need during these dark winter days! Thank you for playing along at Creative Moments.
Chris
x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin, good luck!!! Amy DT

OlgaB said...

Such a fun card and I love your colouring of the image!
Thank you for joining Creative Moments. Hope to see you again.
Hugs from Africa!
Olga

Marilyn said...

What a fun card and whoever receives this is going to love it.
Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Designs challenge and I hope you'll be back again soon.
Marilyn S

mixamatoasties said...

That is fab! So bold and cheery :)

Thanks for sharing at Fab N Funky.

Susan

susiestacey said...

Great card love the fun image.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'No Patterned Paper' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Dorothy S said...

Hi again! Once more, you have such a great color palette - not sure I would have thought of that combination, but it is so cheerful! Thanks for joining us again this week at the QKR Stampede Anything Goes challenge. Dorothy S, DT member

inkypinkyboo said...

Soooo Cute! Thanks for joining us in our week 2 Anything Goes challenge at <a href="https://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/week-2-12-jan-anything-goes.html>

Theresa said...

what a fun card. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and goodluck, Theresa DT xx

NanaConnie said...

So cute, Billie! I'm always so glad to see you playing along in our Anything Goes challenges at QKR Stampede. Thanks and good luck.
NanaConnie DT

Mummylade said...

Such a vibrant image! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

Sammy said...

Fab card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft 🙂

Abela Artistry said...

What an Uplifting Card Billie!
Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Moments!

Cuddles… Kristy
DT Member - Creative Moments

Jeannie said...

Hi Billie! This is one of my all time favorite Bugaboo images and I just love the fun and bright colors you used. Awesome! Thanks so much for joining my blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Betta said...

Really fun card!!! I LOVE the colours!!!
Thanks for sharing WITH US at Brown Sugar Challenge!!!
BettaScrap | DT for Brown Sugar Challenge