Thursday, July 04, 2019

Celebrate today and always

Thursday July 4, 2019
 
Hello and Happy 4th of July to all of us in the USA as it's Independence day..
 
Of course hello to everyone.. I hope your day is great..
I made an anniversary card for my son and his wife.. It's their anniversary soon and wanted to create the card that was in my head..
I used watercolor paper and stamped the Tech. Tuesday flowers and Simon Says leaves. I then used Mission Gold water color paints and painted the images. I took another piece of watercolor paper and using the left over paints on the palette I did a really light wash of those colors for the background. I tell you in person it's stunning. I then watered down some paints and did the splatters.. (I learned to do this in a box.. I learned my lesson last time.. LOL) I then fussy cut the leaves out and using the TT die for the flowers. I laid the images down till I liked what I saw and adhered the leaves right to the watercolor paper and added the flowers with foam dots. I stamped the Paper trey Ink sentiments. I finished with some Pretty Pink Posh jewels.  I truly love how this card came out.. I am sure they will enjoy it.
 
Challenges:
Inkspirational #190- 3 or 5 of something (flowers)
Simon Monday - create your own background (watercolor background)
A bit more time to craft #95 - anything goes
Lemon shortbread #97 - anything goes
Digi choosday wk. 27 - anything goes
Tuesday throw-down #435 - anything goes
Love to scrap #123 - anything goes
 Crafting by designs - anything goes
Cute card Thursday #589 - anything goes







7 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The flowers look amazing!! I love the pretty background!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Lynn said...

This card is so elegant with your wonderful coloring. Love the splatter look.

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card absolutely beautiful watercoloured flowers/leaves love the splatters-brilliant
Carol x

GalFridayStamping said...

Such a beauty.... Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday and best of luck with your entry.

Jane DT for  http://https://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk

Pia S said...

This is gorgeous, Billie! Lovely flowers and I love how the background turned out, wow. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...


Thank you for joining us at challenge Lemon Shortbread
DT Maria

Whimsey said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love how you achieved the two colors on the flowers - looks airy and beautiful! I always tend to be too heavy handed with the paints. :(

So well done!

Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap!
~Michele, DT