Sunday, June 28, 2020

Let freedom ring - Always Fun Challenge #169

Monday June 29, 2020

Hello.. Today we have a new challenge over at 

The theme is PATRIOTIC

For my card I took some scraps that are red / white / blue and adhered them down on a scrap paper. I then took a My favorite things star die and cut it out. I set it aside. I used the background stamps from Simon Says and stamped the background and heat embossed in gold. It kinda looks like fireworks. I used Ranger ink and darkened up the background. I used Perfect pearls and splattered it. I set it aside to dry. I took a Verve sentiment and stamped and heat embossed. I used a My favorite things banner die and added to the star with some foam dots. I then took the star and foam dotted the back and added to the base.  

Challenges:
Word art Wednesday wk. 444-445 - anything goes
Scrapping 4 fun #169 - anything goes
Through the craft room door - anything goes
Digi choosday  wk. 25 - anything goes
Penny's paper crafty #474 - anything goes
Simon Wednesday - anything goes
Little red wagon #555 - solar
DL art #262- red white blue
A gem of a challenge wk. 13 - anything goes
Sweet stampin - create background
Double trouble #60 - anything goes
Crafting happiness #55 - anything goes

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Billie, I love the treatment you have given this star and your background is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon Challenge!

Joy Wilson said...

I just love your fun, patriotic card! The fireworks make a great background! Thank you for playing along in our anything goes challenge! I hope you join us again soon!
Hugs, Joy
Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
Joyfully Stamps

Melanie Hungerford said...

Billie, I really like how you created the star, a nice way to use some scraps. The background looks great too! Glad to see you playing at Double Trouble.
Melanie

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh you've got me singing now! Let freedom ring let the white dove sing... (do you know this Martina McBride song?) Gorgeous creation Billie! Thanks for sharing this adorable creation with us at Sweet Stampin', so lovely to have you play along for our 'Make Your Own Background' challenge. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Janis Lewis said...

Great Patriotic card. Thank you so much for playing along at my Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
Hugs! Janis
Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

Alyson Mayo said...

Love all those strips of patterned paper on the star and the embossed background is a perfect setting. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love it when scraps contribute to a beautiful card...love your gold embossed background which surrounds your unique star. Thanks for sharing with Double Trouble and Crafting Happiness.

Jane Savage said...

What an awesome design, Billie! So effective!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Anerijino ustvarjanje (Crafts by Aneri) said...

You made really talkative card. I immideatlly reconised the purpose. Happy 4th of July. Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun Challenges. Irena DT

Diana Soling said...

Beautiful card! I am loving the fireworks in the background but that star really caught my attention. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Craft Challenge Blog.

Paro's Kraftology said...

Beautiful card 😊 Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Craft Challenge Blog.

- Parvathi