Monday, August 14, 2017

THANKS

Monday August 14, 2017
 
This is my third "THANKS" card.. I started this card by stamping the flowers but I did not like what I created.. SO I closed my craft-room door and walked away.. I was frustrated.. I am sure you have been there a time or two.. Well I made some granola bars and I have an Instant Pot and the night before I made Yogurt and it was at the end of the 8 hours it needed to firm up so I decided to get this finished yogurt jarred up.. I love making my own yogurt and sometimes I like to crumble my granola bar into it.. Oh I also made some Lemon Curd in the Instant Pot... Ok so now that my mind was refreshed I headed back into the craft-room... I cut down the card and got rid of most of the things I did not like.. Still wasn't happy so I then colored the background in blue using Straedtler water color crayons.  Ok it's looking better but still not happy.. So since I needed a "thank you" or "thanks" I looked at the stamps and dies I pulled for these cards.. WELL I saw this "THANKS" die and thought WA-LA.. this is it... and if it didn't work. OK.. cause I didn't like it anyhow.. I then cut fun foam in black and adhered  the colored letters to it. when I started to lay them in the negative spaces.. I fell in love.  I loved the look. This is what it needed. I used Wink of Stella on the flowers. I added Nuvo drops. Oh the flowers / leaves are stamped with Ranger inks. The flowers are the new My Favorite Things July kit of the month..
 

Challenges:
Color crazy wk. 32 - anything goes
Crafting from the heart #172 - anything goes
Ooh la la #235 - flowers



7 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super pretty!

Dotty Jo said...

It looks gorgeous, Billie! I find it best to walk away sometimes - I can usually see clearer after some cooking or chores, Jo x

Lisa said...

So gorgeous!! I love the dimensional sentiment!! It looks amazing!! The colors are beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Monika Reeck said...

This is not bad like you said on the text
this is adorable flower colors
and the THANKS steal my EYES its perfect like this Billie
I am sorry my daddy still here till 15 Sept so no time much to creating or sitting and commenting
I try my best today visiting some of your lovely post
hugs hugs
Monika

Unknown said...

great design, thank you for joining our challenge at OLL creations and good luck. x Tez

Jane Savage said...

Beautifully done! This has such impact!
Thank you for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge! Jane S (DT) xxx

Michelle J M said...

What a fabulous card, your flowers are stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations. Michelle x