Tuesday, August 01, 2017

It's your birthday Rock and Bowl - Creative with Stamps #17

Tuesday August 1, 2017
 
Welcome to another month long challenge at
 
Our challenge for this month is Boys to Men..
make it masculine..
 
 
OH MY I had so much fun making this card.. I knew I wanted to use this fun guy from Art Impressions.. I stamped him first and since he is bowling I needed to make a bowling alley look.. So thought and thought and this is what I came up with.. It's a single layered card except for the bowling pins.. 
 
I used a T- ruler and did the lines at the bottom which turned into the bowling lanes. The dark blue represents the alley sides and then the wood floor. I added a line up from that for the wall border. I then masked off below the red wall border and using my large Stampin Up circle stamp I did the wall decoration. I  colored everything with copics. . To give the back wall some interest I did wavy lines. I colored the man with copics and stamped the sentiment on the wall with Hero arts black. I stamped the bowling pins and fussy cut them out and foam tape on the center pin. I put glossy accents on the bowling ball and pins.  This card took a long time to create but I love it and pleased with the scene. I hope I inspired you to a create a masculine card. Head over to the Creative with Stamps site and see what the Design Team did. Remember to use a stamp on your card.  Have fun 


Challenges:
Brown sugar #261 - anything goes
Color crazy wk. 30 - anything goes
Creative craft cottage #92 - anything goes
Pile it on #132 - primary colors or something beginning with "S"
HeARTful stamping - anything goes
Ooh la la #234 - anything goes
Crafty sentiments - anything goes
Cards und more #190 - dots, dots, dots
(Pin)spirational #196 - colors
Sisterhood of crafters - boys to men




19 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Ok first I love that circle background you made
love the wood under that man
and love the expression of this man
cool manly card
lovely colors too Billie
you are great at manly card too
let us challenge Manly cards again hehe
hugs
Monika

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! The image is so fun!! I love the colors and design!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Janice said...

Great card, thanks for sharing it with us in our current Anything Goes challenge over at OLL, Jx

Stempelomi said...

such a funny card!Thanks for joining us at cards und more and good luck! Hugs,Beate

Unknown said...

Super fun card Billie and I love the bowler. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Unknown said...

Fabulous male card, great scene.Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Debbie Mageed said...

You took our "boys to men" challenge and hit a homerun! This card is absolutely perfect!! Thank you for playing along with the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you will join us again soon.

Darlene said...

OMG what a fun card Billie! Well done! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Boys to Men’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Carole J said...

A fabulously funny male card - great image, super sentiment and wonderful design!
Thanks for sharing your work at {PIN}spirational Challenges #196. Good Luck and hope to see you again next time.
Carole x DT (Craftilicious Creations)

Vickie Y said...

Fun image and card! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Marilyn said...

This is such a cute and fun card. Great sentiment... it's perfect for the bowling theme.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs and I hope you will be back again soon.
Marilyn S

cohenna said...

Very nice. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Good luck

Elizabeth Hart said...

Loving this fun card - you really created a bowling look. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

Such a fun card Billie and I love your colouring! So glad to be crafting with you at Creative with Stamps! Gwendolyn

Rika said...

Such a fun card!

Helen F. said...

What a great masculine (and fun) card, Billie! You created the perfect scene here :-)

Anonymous said...

A fabulously funny male card - great image, super sentiment and wonderful design!

ลาลีกา

Anja said...

What a great card, love the image :)
Thanks for joining us at Cards und more.
Anja

Lilian said...

What a fun card!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio