Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Sing your own Song

Tuesday August 8, 2017
 
So in between making "Thanks" cards I was itching to do a technique I saw Jennifer McGuire do a few months back..
 
So I took water color paper and my stamping blocks. I used Ranger ink cubes and squished down some colors on the stamping block. I then took my spraying water container and spritzed the block/inks. I then quickly turned it down onto the water color paper. I laid a heavy object on top and let it be for 5-10 min.  When I removed it and it dried this is what I was left with..
Oh my I love it.. I wanted to add a sentiment but didn't want to cover the inking.. Oh what to do. So dug through some sentiments and chose this one. I added a few Nuvo drops and layered the card on black then yellow.  Oh I have to do more.. I did do three in all and will be posting in the next few days or when I get time to make them into cards. If you have not tried this technique.. You need to. If it doesn't work there is always other side of the paper to create something else. LOL. I know cause I have done that a lot.
 
Challenges:
Word art Wednesday wk. 294-295 - anything goes
Inky chicks #86 - use sentiment instead of an image
Use your stuff #274 - inspired by quote


6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Looks like a fun technique, and I like the black sentiment tucked in the corner, Jo x

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The colors are amazing!! So artistic and beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

missgailly said...

Cool technique and card. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Chris C said...

You did a fantastic job with the technique - really pretty. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

Monika Reeck said...

Another Block and water and ink
so adorable and love the placement of the sentiment
lovely card again my friend with this Technik from Jennifer Mc Guire

Jo Ann said...

What a bright card! So sorry for the delayed comment, just been super busy. Thank you so much for linking with us at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you some encouragement from God's Word in Ephesians 2:10 which says, "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Be blessed!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com