Thursday, August 20, 2020

thanks - you are incredible - Aud Sentiments #258

Thursday August 20-31, 2020

Hello.. I have a card to share for the new challenge going on over at Aud Sentiments #258

Our theme for our two weeks challenge is
ANYTHING GOES + SENTIMENT



I first created the background. Using Mission Gold watercolors and adding salt while the paint was still wet. I love the effect it gives.  I set it aside to dry. I then found a light creamy color script scrap and using Taylored Expression birch die I cut it out and using Quick quote chalk ink just gave a little color to the birch trees. I added some foam dots and added to the dry background. I die cut the My favorite things "thanks" 4 times.. I used an orange scrap and glued them all together but once it was done I didn't (or should say my hubby didn't like the orange) so I die cut the teal and adhered over the orange pile of thanks. You can see a hint of orange which I do like that hint. I stamped the Simon Says sentiment and heat embossed. I die cut two MFT birds and layered them two times and added to the card. 
Challenges:
Dragonfly dreams August - anything goes

Word art Wednesday week 452-453 - anything goes
Sweet stampin - favorite colors (teal and red)
Lil patch of crafty friends #140 - anything goes
Crafting happiness #62 - anything goes
Shopping our stash #427 - pile it on
Simon Wednesday - oh so cute

10 comments:

Claire said...

Love the tress they look amazing
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Joy Wilson said...

Beautiful background! I will have to give the salt trick a try! Stunning card. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Elaine Stark said...

Love those trees. I have a similar die but have only used it as a Christmas scene. You have inspired me to use it in a different way. Elaine

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Billie, I love the trees and that little touch of reds with the birds is perfect. Have a lovely weekend when it comes, Jenny xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Striking and gorgeous colour combo. Another super creation. Thanks for sharing with us again at Sweet Stampin', come back and play again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Furrbster said...

Such a stunning design,

Hugz Tinz

Ginny Maxam said...

Such a pretty Cheerful card! I love the dimensional effect Thank you for entering in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

MeSi said...

Oh, this is so beautiful card. I love that background! Thank you for sharing at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Hope to see you again!
Merja DT

Chris Dring said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I never thought to use that birch die with script paper. What a cool look! Thanks for joining the Pile It On challenge at Shopping Our Stash!

CraftyGirl said...

I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member