Monday, August 24, 2020

Mission Control - Always fun #177

Monday August 24, 2020

Hello.. I have a card to share for our new challenge over at

Our theme this week is IN THE SKY SCENE


This is my card.. OK I am learning a lot about Yupo paper.. I don't know if I like it or not.. Yes it's awesome for alcohol ink technique.. But you can't emboss on it and you can't use Oxide ink on it.. I created some alcohol ink papers few weeks ago and that was messy but fun.. Then I tried to emboss on it but it melted the obvious plastic coating on the paper.. so said ok that's fine. Then for this card I used Oxide black soot to give a night sky.. It really looked pretty. I then went and added some Perfect pearls splatters for stars.. I set it aside and then last night I went to create my card. I picked up the alcohol ink and white card base and went What The Heck!!  there were black smears all over the white card base. I looked at my hand and my fingers were pitch black.. Well a few hundred (it seemed like) diaper wipes later I got the black soot off. Sad cause it sure looked pretty. Also the Perfect pearls was gone too. Oh well. 
Ok for my card I used the alcohol ink background. I stamped the My favorite things images and using Shin Han water colors painted the astronaut . Then using Paul Ruben metallic water colors painted the other images. I heat embossed the sentiment. I used foam dots on all by the moon. 

Challenges:
Jan's digi - anything goes
Dragonfly dreams August - anything goes
QKR stampede #402 - anything goes
Word art Wednesday week 452-453 - anything goes
The paper girls #206 - embossing (sentiment)
Penny's paper crafty #478 - anything goes
Simon Wednesday - oh so cute
Cute card Thursday #648 - embossing
My time to craft #439 - CAS
Crafting happiness #63 - anything goes

8 comments:

Janette said...

Well Billie I think your card is fab, I know what you mean about trying new stuff, Kath Stewart is the queen of all things yupo and otherwise messy. As yet I haven't tried it, keep us informed.x

Janis Lewis said...

Love the spacey background. Thanks for linking up!
Janis, Owner & Design Team Member @ Crafting Happiness Challenges

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Good to know about the paper, thank you. I LOVE your spaceman card, it's adorable. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

KathyA. said...

What a fun card. That background is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

Pamela Duncan said...

Perfect background ~ Thanks for joining us at Jan's Digital Stamp Shop. Pam, DT

Crafting Andy said...

This looks pretty cool. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.

Helen x

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the My Time To Craft Challenge this time and good luck :)