Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thank you card for my Vet.

Thursday November 12, 2015
 
As you probably saw last week. We lost our little fur baby.. We had to say goodbye to him and it's been a very rough week. I know each day is better than the day before.. but we still find times we cry. One of those was in making this card for the veterinary Dr. and his staff.. I added a little photo of him to the front.. I will deliver it to him when I go to pick up his ashes.  I don't know if you all know but there is a place in Washington State called Artful Ashes   which is now for human ashes made into a heart or a ball about the size of a cue ball .. We used them two years ago when we had to say goodbye to our other little fur baby (she was 15.5 yrs old) (this little fur baby was 12.8 yrs old)  Now they have grown their business they added a new page called
 Rainbow bridge hearts for pets.. anyhow.. they send you a tin and you put a  tablespoons of ash in it and return it to Artful ashes.  they then make a heart or ball using some of the ashes so you have this lovely glass piece and their ashes are incorporated in it.. because we live in WA. we drove up to watch them make our little fur girls heart and then couple weeks later met half way with the owner Greg to receive our lovely glass heart.  We will do the same for our fur boy ..they now just send you the finished heart after it's cured. Richard now runs the Rainbow bridge pet end of the business.  I know you wont be disappointed if you used them.  Lot's of people use them for love one in any form.  I hope you check out the site. I will post his heart and the heart we got for our girl fur baby some time in December. 
 

Challenges:
613 Ave. create #149 - atg/opt. rak
Crafting from the heart #85 - atg
Make my Monday - many thanks
Cards in envy - gratitude card
Crafty boots - remembrance
Melonheadz friends - bingo - sentiment, die cuts, bright colors
Word art Wednesday #209 - atg
Crafty gals corner #45 - thank you
Creative knockouts #115 - something to say
Cute card Thursday #339 - animals /birds
DRS designs #200 - thankful/thanks
Moving along with the times #8 - my favorite things (my fur baby)

recipe: kraft journal kraft, basic grey dp, club scrap dp, spellbinder die, photo of Charlie, mft thank you die





16 comments:

Wendy L said...

çso sorry fr you loss, gorgeus card for your vet though, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxx

Shelia said...

I am so sorry you lost your little fur ball. I know you miss him terribly. The thank you card you created for your vet and staff is just adorable! Love the design and all the different pups. Adding a photo of your little guy is a great touch! Thank you for sharing with us at DRS Designs.

Sandy Trefger said...

So sorry for your loss. A piece of us goes with each little fur baby that leaves us but we wouldn't want to have been without them either. I love your card! It is a perfect thank you for your vet and I love that you added a photo of your little guy! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the card w/ photo. Sorry for your fur baby loss. Saw your name entered at DRS Designs. We had to put our fur baby of 14 yrs down early last yr. Aug of last yr we adopted a 7 yr old Lab/Retriever and she has brought joy back to me.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Dee's Craft Room said...

Making a thank you card for your veterinary surgeon is such a thoughtful thing to do, especially when you are in so much pain. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Kathy S said...

When you said for your vet I thought it was a veteran. Lol. Literally you ment vet. So cute are the puppies. Great entry for Cards in Envy. Thanks!

Sybrina K said...

Billie, I am so sorry for your loss. As the mama to a rescued fur baby, I know what a difficult time this is. How sweet of you to remember your vet during this time of healing. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT, good luck!!! Amy DT

Carla's Cards said...

Sorry for your loss! Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

Sherry Hickey said...

Oh Billie, I'm sorry you lost your beloved pet! It's so hard. I'm sure your vet will appreciate the card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cards In Envy.

Unknown said...

These are sad news, but still think about wonderful time you had!
This page is so beautiful! So much love in it. Thank you very much for sharing it and your story with us at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Take care!
Sasha

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Sorry to hear about your lose. Remember he is in a better place and in no pain and is not suffering. What a wonderful way to remember your fur baby - I have never heard of this till today. You have made a wonderful Thank You card. I am sure the Vet will love it as much as we do. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends. AJ MH DT

nwilliams6 said...

What a sweet card!!!! Wow - this is heartfelt and so well done. I am sorry for your loss and this is a perfect card for the vet clinic and doctors. Thanks so much for sharing your card and story with us at DRS Designs!

Scrap Shack Designs said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. We just lost our pet of 10 years and it was really hard. I love that you dedicated this project to your pet though....great job! thanks so much for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts. - DT Jen

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss! We lost one of our parrots this year & it's just been awful. Your tribute page is really loving & wonderful.

Monika Reeck said...

I am so sorry dear Billie for your loss I feel sad for you too and I am sorry just commenting today my friend
this card is so cute
with big heart and his photo oh he is so sweet I can feel how you love him much and now still maybe cry
but you are a brave MOMMY
he was sick and now no pain anymore
sweet card Billie