Thursday, July 19, 2012

Christmas in July -my craft room virtual tour

Thursday July 19, 2012

Its Christmas in July at Unscripted Sketches and I hope you are playing along with the games, and virtual tours of the design teams rooms. It's been a lot of fun seeing the other teams virtual tour. If you came from Unscripted Sketches then you know from my little intro to my blog that I love making quilts. If you missed it make sure you go to Unscripted and read and see the happenings going on. Yes it's been awhile since I have done one since I am so swamped with card making but I still have lots of fabric for when I do get back into it.

Welcome to my craft room where I do quilt, scrapbook (very little) and my cards.. I am lucky to have a whole room dedicated to crafting. I will now give you a tour showing my beloved quilts with Christmas themes in different parts of my room. I also have directions for a fabric ornament so make sure you go to the end..

I hope you enjoy my little piece of heaven.. Leave a comment I love the love you all give.

This is a round robin quilt where I did the middle Santa and then other members of the quilt group did a border. This was all based on songs. There are 6 Christmas song represented.
This is a cool four Santa wall hanging and a view of my two closets full of craft items. I have those little containers on the wall that hold brads, eyelets. Lots of ribbon spools and loose ones just hanging. The book shelf has some 12x12 papers, and craft books


Cute applique wall hanging, also my craft table it's 4x8 and a mess but I love it. There are four cabinets under each end (two on each side) for storage and on each end there are shelves for storage.




one of my closet's me holding the nutcracker wall hanging. The boxes behind me have already made cards. One wall has stamps on it and boxes of my 6x6 papers and lots of fabric the other side is also full of stamps and a lot of cd's with clear stamps and a file cabinet full of my card stock.




A table runner and some of my quilt photos on the back wall and ribbons for quilts I did. My printer/copier and flat screen, the note books on table hold some of my dies.




A tree skirt I just wrap around our little table top tree. More shelves of craft items.




One of my favorite quilts. One day in the country... all the centers are applique and I love this quilt.




A full view of the quilt.. and my purse rack behind me. I love dooney and bourke .. there is a another row behind me : )




This is the ornament directions. I guess I should of had the ornament in the first photo.. oops


using the template draw around the materials and cut out leaving about 1/2 inch border





lay down the batting, then the backing fabric face up and pin the ribbon as shown then lay the top face down.




pin the pieces together and sew around but leave about an inch so you can turn right side out



trim around about 1/8 inch and clip curves but don't clip into stitches




turn right side out and using a dull pointed tool push from inside around seam to smooth out


hand sew the seam closed and there you have a darling ornament or door hanger. The one on the left was strip pieced.



































3 comments:

Tracey Holdyk said...

Oh how I loved looking around your craft room, it looks so nice and big. I love your quilts, I have only just started quilting about a year ago and I absolutely love it. find it hard to do quilting, scrapbooking and cardmaking but at least i never get bored.
Ho Ho Ho

Geri said...

Fabulous job Billie! I am in absolute awe of your talent! Your quilting projects are absolutely beautiful and amazing. AND, you also have one huge craft room with tons of product too! So now, I want your room and Steph's room and all the stuff in them (especially the quilts). Thanks for the directions for the sweet hanging ornament too!

BrendaB said...

I love your craft room, and your quilts are gorgeous!