Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Wishing you a cozy day - Stampavie and More #283

Wednesday March 22, 2017
 
Welcome to another two week challenge at Stampavie and More #283 where the theme for this
challenge is PAPER PIECING
 
 
I seldom do paper piecing... so when I saw this was the theme.. Humm what will I do??? So digging through my stamps I saw this fun Simon Says stamp set.. and thought perfect.. Instead of just paper piecing the pillows. I thought why not.. lets paper piece the cat and dog.. Aren't they cute? I had the kitten head also in the print but you just lost the face so I stamped the head on a plain cream piece of paper. I found a lighter color tan for the dog and stamped his head. The head are adhered with foam dots and the body also is so they are extra thick.  I used various straps of paper for this whole card. I did use a little copic coloring to the heads to give it more depth.  You always hear how kittens are like a queen.. so I thought the EK crown punch was a nice touch. (I don't have cats because I am allergic to them but I love seeing videos and photos of kittens and if I wasn't allergic I know I would have one or two) We do have two dogs, they are hair dogs so I am not allergic to them.  :)  The hearts are EK punch and some left over from other projects.. most likely Simon Says. I like how it came out.. I hope you play along and I cant wait to see what you have created in paper piecing.


Challenges:
Creatalicious challenges #111 - anything goes/opt. gems/pearls
Word art Wednesday #274-275 - anything goes
The daily marker day 21
Jo's scrap shack #180 - anything goes
Crafty catz #162 - anything goes/opt. touch pink
QKR stampeded #235 - congrats or anything goes
Scrapping 4 fun #86 - recycle/old stash (old stash-hearts and crown)
Creative corner - for the dogs
Come and get it - anything goes
Glitter 'n' sparkle #231 - anything goes
Simon Monday - layer it up
Crafting from the heart #151 - anything goes
Artistic inspirations #175 - anything goes
Tuesday throw-down #335 - add dimension
Creative moments #114 - anything goes/opt. spring colors
Word art Wednesday wk. 274-275 - anything goes
Penny's paper-crafty #321 - anything goes
The house that stamps built #M2217 - anything goes






20 comments:

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

Love this technique and your card! So artsy ;)

Laurie Unger said...

That is quite a few challenges you entered - Wow! Good for you. Thanks for joining us over at THTSB.

Heather said...

Cute, cute, cute!! I love your paper piecing, specially on that cat!! The pattern is perfect! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built and Jo's Scrap Shack.

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Billie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Patti J said...

Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built! This is adorable....well done! Good luck on your challenges!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a adorable card. Love the details and cute images. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Fabulous card Billie! Love the paper piecing on the animals too! Great scene! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Brenda DT

karalschuknecht said...

Love the paper piecing on this great card. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

Monika Reeck said...

uiiih so cuuutee
love the dog and cat can sleep together
sweeet scene and love all the heart there Billie
nice sentiment again
cool Pillow motive hehe

Terri Winske said...

Beautiful paper piecing! I don't do that technique as much as I should, and I love how yours turned out! Thanks very much for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge!

Jean said...

Oh how cute, loving the paper piecing.
Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
Jean xx

Donna said...

What a fabulous scene and paper piecing! Glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built! Donna DT

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful card, love the hearts
Thank you for your lovely entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Andreja said...

You made such a beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4Fun this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Hugs, Andreja

Jasmina said...

Fabulous card Billie. Love all the details you put on it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Come and Get It Challenge.

crafty said...

So cute. Thank you for sharing at Creative Corner.
Mary

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is so fun and fabulous. Love the cute images and beautiful embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Fun Day Friday. Hope to see you again next time.

Glittered Paws said...

Love your paper pieced cat and dog, and the floor is great. Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built this week.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Adorable card! I see the cat has the rightful crown to wear. Cute little details. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious
Tina dt