Saturday, March 04, 2017

Becoming a grumpy old person - Catch the bug

Saturday March 4, 2017
 
March is here and so we have our first Saturday
 Challenge at Catch The Bug.. First Saturday if the month is Always ANYTHING GOES 
 
 
This is my card using the image Elderly Man .  You can find more awesome images at the Bugaboo Store..  I always need masculine cards and birthday ones and I have issues with making masculine cards but this one just spoke to me.. so I listened and created.. I used the Stampin Up background cross hatch and Versa Mark on the blue card stock.. I had this stitched circle left over from another project from Simon Says so I took the Stampin Up little bitty background stamp and Versa Mark and stamped it.. I took the ticket from Simon Says and using an old Rubber Baby Buggy Bumper sentiment I stamped it on the ticket and the Happy Birthday is from Simon Says.. I colored the Elderly man with Copics and added glossy accents to his classes and black glaze pen to his buttons. The cane I also took that itty bitty stamp set and stamped it over the cane to give it a texture look. I took some scrap paper and Simon Says heart die and added the hearts on the card. The solid ones I added glossy accents. I used Quick Quote inks and distressed the blue and Kraft edges.  My male birthday card is made..  I hope you can check out the Design Teams cards.. Have fun and create.


Challenges:
Come and get it - male card
Artistic inspiration #173 - anything goes
Crafty sentiments - anything goes
Inky chicks #79 - happy birthday
Crafting by design - anything goes
Penny's paper-crafty #318 - anything goes
Crafty creations #336- anything goes
Word art Wednesday wk. 272-273 - anything goes
A bit more time to craft #39 - anything goes
Creatalicious challenges #110 - anything goes/opt twist-lots of green
The daily marker day 4
Cute card Thursday #467 - anything goes
Crafty girls creations #34 - anything goes
Jo's scrap shack #178 - anything goes
Brown sugar #240 - anything goes
Crafty catz #360 - anything goes - opt. doilies
QKR stampede #233 - anything goes
Pause Dream Enjoy #162 - anything goes
Scrapping 4 fun #85 - masculine
Colour crazy wk. 9 - anything goes
A gem of a challenge #189 - 3 B's   bifocals, birthday, blue






19 comments:

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

Great card - love the sentiment and the image :)

Maria Valente said...

Love this masculine card! What a great idea and that sentiment is great! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges.
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous and wonderful card Billie thank you for joining us over on
Crafty Catz
Dianne xx
CC DT

Dorothy S said...

Tee hee...this would apply to a lot of my friends! This is such a cute layout - and his glasses are great! We appreciate your entry for the weekly Anything Goes challenge at QKR Stampede. Dorothy S, DT member

Janis Lewis said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing at PDE Linky Party.
~Owner/DT Janis

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Billie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Beatriz said...

So funny card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs, good luck and hope to see you next time, hugs Beatriz DT

Lia said...

You made a great fun card and it makes me smile!
Lia, DT S4F

nocne życie said...

Hey,
beautiful work, I like their colors and digi is sensational.
Thank you for taking part in the challenge on Scrapping4funChallenge
Agnieszka DT

chrissy xx said...

To say this made me laugh? Is an understatement!! What a fun image and Brilliant sentiment! I have a husband who's practing for this Billie.
Thank you so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede.
Chrissyxx

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

LOL, so funny! Love your card
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

K M Meena Herale said...

Beautiful fun card, lovely.
Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena S4F DT

Joyce Tompkins said...

Such a fun card! I just love the saying and image you used! Thanks for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.
Joyce, DT
www.JoycesCreativeCrafts.blogspot.com

Claire said...

Fab project, it really made me smile! Thanks so much for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenge this time
Claire xx

Anna-Karin said...

What a fun card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hope to see you back soon again. Anna-Karin DT

Monika Reeck said...

Hihi the sentiment is sswwweeettt
and dont be sad to be old right
I will be 45 next year Billie and my Mommy 70 at 2018 my daddy too..
And this Image hehe cuuutee
Love the Ticket idea there so clever you are
and the number there too where can I buy some kind of ticket Billie
Brilliant manly card with using all the stamp and left Circle you have
I never think to used the left things but you give me the idea hehe
I love your card this time ...manly and fun too

cotnob said...

Such a fun card, a brilliant image and great sentiment.
Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge this time and good luck :)

Kathy said...

Fantastic masculine card and your elderly man coloring is awesome! Thank you for participating in the 7th - 30 day coloring challenge!!!