Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Hello spring - Aud Sentiments #175

Thursday March 9-20, 2017
 
Welcome to another challenge at Aud Sentiments #175
Theme is Spring / Easter + Sentiment
 
You can make your card either Spring or Easter or both..
 

Our sponsor for this card is The Paper Nest Dolls
 
 
This is my card using the image called Avery in rain poncho.. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do but knew I didn't want to do an Easter card so I dug through my stamps and found the "hello spring" by Simon Says.. then found the "you fill my day with Sunshine" also by Simon Says and it had this cute sun but I already die cut the image from a My Favorite Things rectangle die.. So I used temporary tape and stuck it down and embossed the sun on the card back and the rectangle, then took Ranger inks and did the background and rectangle using my sponging tool. I added some water spots to the sky part of the card. Then I colored the image with my copics and put the card back together.. The sun looked plain so I added some fun sequins to the center of the sun. I added the sentiments and some more sequins below.


Challenges:
Crafty girls creations #34 - anything goes
Crafty rocket #34 - no pattern papers
A bit more time to craft #39 - anything goes
The daily marker day   day 8
Allsorts wk. 405 - spring
Sweet stampin - no designer paper
A gem of a challenge #189 - 3 B's - blue, boots, banner
Addicted to stamps #143 - pastel colors
Simon Says Monday - make your own background
Crafting from the heart #149 - anything goes
Artistic inspirations #174 - anything goes
Ooh la la #223 - embossing
Cards in envy - keep it simple
Creative moments #113- anything goes/opt. blues
Word art Wednesday wk. 272-273 - anything goes
Simon Wednesday - for a special lady/girl
The color throw-down #433 - color challenge
4 crafty chicks #341 - spring fever with sponging







18 comments:

Julie said...

Such a cute card. Love the sequins in the sun. That's a great touch
Julie T

Elaine Stark said...

A very cheerful card. Elaine

Chris said...

Sweet card! Cute image, a lovely design and I love the way you've created the sun! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'!
Chris
x

Kathleen said...

Lovely colours and a sweet image, lovely background too.
Thank you for joining our 'Spring Inspiration' this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Wanda Cullen said...

Lovely design and the sequin sun is quite a clever idea! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Wynn said...

Cute card. Love the sentiment. Thank you for joining our challenge at OLL challenges. Wynn DT

Broni said...

What a fun Springtime card, Billie! So happy! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!!

Jane Willis said...

I love the sparkle of that bead and sequin sun, what a great idea. Thank you for sharing at Ooh La La Creations
Jane

Wendy L said...

So sweet, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenge this time, xxxx

Virginia L. said...

How cute! Love your sun with sequins!! :) Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “For a Special Lady/Girl” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Anna-Karin said...

This is stunning Billie! I love the sequin sun, what a great idea. Thank you so much for joining us in this week's challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Thank you for sharing your amazing card in the NO DP challenge at Sweet Stampin!

Vickie Z said...

Fun! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Monika Reeck said...

She is soo cutttee
Love her hair coloring and the dots also you have shading on it ooh Billie
Love the outfit with teal and purple
sweet sentiment too and the duck so cute there
youor coloring the skin also best!!!
winner card for my eyes...and for some DT too I guess hehe (SMILE)
hugs
Monika

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Super sweet and lovely. I really like the sequins on the sun idea! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

Helen said...

A really cute image and a great card.

Thanks for joining us at a Gem of a Challenge.

Helen x

Marlies said...

A beautiful card with such a sweet and adorable image. I like the sequoins on the sun, a good idea. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. marlies

Anonymous said...

I just love this card! And the sequins added an extra touch to make it pop out. Great job!
Thank you for participating over at Creative Moment.