Sunday, December 30, 2018

you are simply the best ever - Always Fun Challenges #91

Monday December 31, 2018
 
 Happy New Year's eve... 
Any big plans for the bringing in the new year??
we pretty much lay low.. Hug comfort the dogs because of the fireworks and just give thanks for the blessings we had in 2018 and know that more blessings will come in 2019
 
Hope yours is safe and Happy New Year to you all
 
Well we're back with another challenge at
Our theme is SOMETHING NEW
 


I have a couple new dies from Spellbinder and so I chose the Labels #36..  I used My minds eye papers. I also treated myself to a few stamps from Pretty Pink Posh. (Santa was good to me - lol) The hummingbird is one of them. I colored it with copics and then went over the bird with Spectrum Noir sparkle pen.  The sentiment is not really new but I haven't used it yet.. does that count?  It is from a Simon Says monthly kit.  I added some Stampin up leaves from scraps and added some buttons with twine.  Before I adhered the die pieces I used Ranger inks and distressed the edges. I like the country feel of the card.  This card is different than I usually create but I think 2019 will see more cards like this. I have large sentiments and this is a great way to use them and just embellish around it.

Challenges:
Word art Wednesday wk. 366-367 - anything goes
As you like it - anything goes
Simon Wednesday - anything goes
Cute card Thursday #562 - anything goes
QKR stampede #328 - anything goes


7 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the sweet little bird and the fabulous sentiment!! Gorgeous design, too!! Happy New Year!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Dotty Jo said...

So sweet! Happy New Year, Jo x

Monika Reeck said...

Adorable big Sentiment you have Billie..
and the bird is so cuuuteee
I love the yellow Frame too
great arrangment and I never used any Card with Button more since years ago hehe
Billie thanks for the Email
and Happy New Year for you and your Family
more and more creative and I know this will be a Winning Card Billie
jump again to the next post
hugs
Monika

Karen Letchworth said...

This is awesome, Billie. I love the textures, colors and design. Absolutely lovely, my creative friend. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm so grateful for your participation in our challenges, and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your talents with us. I hope to see lots more of your wonderful creations in 2019.
Blessings to you,
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday

Sherri said...

Fantastic card! Anyone would love to get this! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Anne said...

Delightful card - I love it, Santa knew just what to bring you!
Thanks for joining in with the As You Like It 'anything goes' challenge

Anne x
https://learningtojive.blogspot.com/
http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com/