Wednesday, May 22, 2019

You are Mermazing - Crafty Gals Corner #192

Wednesday May 22, 2019
 
Hello.. It's time for another challenge over at
Our theme this challenge is FANCY FOLDS
 
 

Our sponsor for this challenge is:

                                 MoonFlower Digistamps
                                Prize ~ $10 Gift Certificate


I went to U-tube and found a fancy fold. I really don't do them often so that is my go to place when I need something soon.  This one was pretty simple. The card was to be a lot bigger so I scaled it down to A2 size.. I think I should of had the front part shorter so it could rest on the two inner doors.. But this card will probably just go in my stash and not be sent out.. I used the image called Gigi little mermaid.  So I found some DCWV scraps and used them for the background. I then found some Bazzill paper. I wanted a color vs. just white base as I usually do. I colored the image with copics I went over different parts with glitter and the flower in her hair with Nuvo glitter pen. I then used Simon Says wonky die and went over the background with Newton's nook wave stencil and Ranger ink. I added this to a script background that has words regarding the ocean but the image pretty much covered that up. I then added the My favorite things sentiment and heat embossed it on vellum. I added some sequin dots. The little flip door area I added some MFT sea coral and seaweed.
side view of the left little door panel.


The other side view of the little panel. If the blue front flap was shorter it would rest on the little side doors.
Challenges:
Artistic inspirations #215 - anything goes
A bit more time to craft #92 - anything goes
Simon Monday - use a stencil
Crafty sentiments - anything goes

2 comments:

Lena said...

Beautiful card, Billie. Love the sweet mermaid and the fun Dutch card fold.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Lena
Lena’s Creations

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute mermaid and card fold.Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x