Monday, August 08, 2016

Being beautiful, feeling lovely - Catch the bug ABC

Monday August 8, 2016
 
We are on vacation at Catch the bug from Aug. 6-19  so we have no challenges or new releases. But I wanted to post this card anyhow even though it's not over at Catch the bug.
 
It's Monday and that means at Catch the bug it's ABC - Anything But a Card day



It's time for another ABC /anything but a card.. And if you have been following me you know that means a Journal Inspiration page... This one really hits home with me. I have ALWAYS been a heavy person (or as my grandmother would say I sure am healthy..little did she know by todays standards) anyhow I have body issues and do not like my body issues.. I have tried so many diets over the last 60 plus years..I'm sure you know how it goes.. you loose and it comes right back on.  I have a little note at work on my computer that says "I need to be thinner love myself"..   For this journal page I found this quote and I keep reading it and know that "being beautiful, feeling lovely and offering feminine allure have absolutely nothing to do with your weight, our age or the shape of our bodies"  I wrote in the speech bubble I (heart) myself!   and I have to keep reminding myself of that. I did use this particular image from bugaboo called Girl speech bubble  as she fit the message.
I added some purple high-lights to her hair.. if I was younger I would do it. but with the grey it wouldn't look too good. It would look like my grandma's when she put the rinse in her hair, it always gave a purple tint.. lol


Challenges:
Word art Wednesday #242-243 - anything goes
Crafting by design - Aug. anything goes
Creative corner - anything but a card
Creative fingers #114 - anything goes
Alphabet challenge - L - for love
Patties creations #125 - anything goes
Art by Miran #64 - anything goes
Color crazy wk. 19 - anything goes
The pencil case wk. 25 - anything goes
CCC digi creations #54 - anything goes
A bit more time to craft #25 - anything goes
Love to craft #1 - Aug- anything goes
Creative ladybirds #18 - anything goes
613 Ave. create #188 - anything goes






12 comments:

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Pattie's Creations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for our first challenge at Love to Craft August, Hazel, DT x

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card and cute image!!!

Veerle said...

Very colorful creation. Thank you so much for entering our challenge.
Greetings, Veerle DT - Creative Corner

Amber said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges this week! ~Amber, DTM

Isobel said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining in at Crafting by Designs good luck x

Chana Malkah said...

Wonderfull card and a great image. your presentation is fabs. Nice coloring! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Monika Reeck said...

cool this Image
and nice diet story too
I try too and never lost
1 kilogram and again it comes next week hehe
Billie I lovethe sentiment and the papers on this journal page

Jessica K said...

Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Corner Challenges!

Jess - DT
www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

Natasja's Kaarten said...

Gorgeous card! Love the image and your coloring! Thanks for joining our challenge at CCC digi creations!

Natasja
DT CCC digi creations

Scrappy Scatty said...

this is great Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at *Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge*
xx

Bettina L. said...

Wow I love this. Lovely autumn colours and the theme is so fitting for the most of us. Thanks for playing at Creative Fingers and good luck. Hope to see you back later today for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Creative Fingers xx