Friday, March 16, 2018

happiest birthday wishes - Bugaboo Free Friday

Friday March 16, 2018
 
Friday at Bugaboo is Free Friday..
Check out the design teams creations over at Catch the bug..
 
 
This image is called Cute Troll..  Now how remembers having one or many of these cute toys in their house???.. My daughter in the 70's collected them.. She had quite a few and all were different. So I thought back to hers and colored my image with copics..  I then cut her out using a Spellbinder die. For the background  I took a piece of dry wall mesh and Ranger ink and added this to the background. I added the image and then used a Stampin up sentiment. 
 
this is a photo of what the dry wall mesh looks like. It comes on a spool like tape. the back of it is a little tacky which is awesome when you're using it as a stencil. I just cut about a 6 inch strip and placed it on top of the spool so you can see behind it.. I love that this is a pretty cheap stencil option.
 

Challenges:
Dragonfly journeys #113 - going green/little or a lot
Artistic inspirations #195 - anything goes
Use your stuff #303 - die cuts
Everybody art #421 - anything goes
Word art Wednesday wk. 326-327 - anything goes
Crafty gals corner #161 - make it green
Star stampz - birthday
Cute card Thursday - #521 - celebrate
Jo's scrap shack #225 - anything goes
QKR stampede #287 - anything goes
Polkadoodles wk. 11 - anything goes

9 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable!! He's too cute!! I love his hair!! The background is fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lola said...

I REALLY like this background technique! And your troll is adorable - I never did collect these as a kid, but I like them more now with my girls liking the troll movie.

Christine said...

What a fun card! This little feller is so cute! Love the stenciling tip.
Thanks so much for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack.
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member

Jeannie said...

Hi Billie! I just love how you colored this and because of your inspiration I got some of this tape so I will let you know if I'm as good with it as you are. Thanks so much for joining my Going Green blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

missgailly said...

I got my first troll around the age of 12 (MANY years ago). This troll is just too darn cute. Love the multi-coloured hair. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Kassi said...

I love the pattern that tape gives!! So fun! Thanks for joining us as Polkadoodles!

Julie Odil said...

Billie, you always have the best cards! Love what you did with that mesh! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Julie, DT member

Crafting Belle said...

Adorable card. Thank you for joining us for our Week 11 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Polkadoodles. Hugs Lisa xxx

Rae Ann said...

I love finding new ways to use items! This makes a great stencil and a fun background for this little troll! The hair is so fun and colorful!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Make it Green challenge.