Monday, February 19, 2018

Hugs on valentine's day - Monika and Billlie challenge

Monday February 19, 2018
 
 
Well it's time for Monika and me to do our challenge between the two of us.. Monika of Creative with Monika chose the theme for this card between the two of us..
Background heat or dry embossed, masculine and valentines day card..
 
So I started with kraft paper and used a masculine looking embossing folder. I then took My favorite things and cut out the "hugs".. I did a couple layers of black and then the top was red.. Then I had a scrap of water color paper that was cut off of another project and I took Simon Says branch die and ran that through.. then found a scrap of reddish and brown water color scrap so die cut the hearts and foam mounted them.. well now I didn't like the red on the hugs.. so I tried teal.. nope didn't look right, tried a few more then found a scrap of green wood looking designer paper so cut that out and liked it so added this to the top of the "hugs". I then heat embossed the "on valentine's day" and added it over the hugs. I used Spectrum sparkle pen over the hearts.  I am liking and think it looks masculine..  Please head over to Monika's blog and see her masculine valentine's day card. she's great at masculine cards. 
 
 
Challenges:
 Crafty gals corner #159 - add a heart
Crafting by designs - be my valentine
Simon Wednesday - die cut
As you like it  favorite way to add sentiment (I love using die cut letters and then embossing a small strip to complete the sentiment. It give a lot of interest and adds to the design of your card.)
Jo's scrap shack #221 - anything goes
QKR stampede #283 - anything goes
Crafty catz #404 - anything goes /opt. pretty ribbon
That's crafty - I heart you
Creatalicious #133 - anything goes / for a man or boy
My time to craft #364 - all you need is love
AAA cards #109 - die cuts only
Pile it on #139 - 3D emb or washi
HeARTful stamping - anything goes
Artistic inspirations #194 - anything goes / opt. flowers
Cards in envy - give it some heart





 
 


24 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Billie
I really love that HUGS looks like Wood??Coooll
and Great choice as the RED HUGS hehe and the branch oh so sweet
love the variation red of your hearts
so adorable Manly card
and the Embossing BG you did is perfecto for Manly card
Love what I see
you pass the test making manly card hehe Jokeee
I know you are good at making manly card too
see you around and
hugs
Monika

Sherri said...

Fantastic Valentine! Love the way you created it with these gorgeous dies! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the embossing and the heart branch!! What a gorgeous card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Lynn said...

Billie this is gorgeous. Love the design. You are so creative.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the great creativity in this valentine card - the hearts from the tree are just fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Isobel said...

Great project thanks for joining in at Crafting by Designs

Aunty Sue said...

fabulous make and thank you for sharing it with us at crafty catz hope to see you again and dont forget our GDT call for March

Jane said...

Love the hugs die cut. Thanks for playing along with the AAA Cards current challenge.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, love the hearts on your branch.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Moira said...

Love the dangling hearts thank you for joining is at the That's Crafty! Challenge

Sherry Hickey said...

This is a really great card, Billie! Nice job. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards In Envy challenge!

Julie Odil said...

Great card, Billie! I love that embossed background. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede! Julie, DT member

MagsB said...

Hello again, Billie! This is another fab card, I love the CAS design and the little hanging hearts! Thanks for joining in again at My Time to Craft!

love Mags B x

Joyce Tompkins said...

Billie your card is fabulous! I love the hearts hanging on the branches. Thanks for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack!
Joyce, DT

Lynne said...

A fab card and I love the colours of your hearts against the background. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It x

Cathy P said...

Wow - that card is amazing from top to bottom (or background to foreground!!)!! Love everything about it, Billie! Your color variation and dies cuts are great. Thanks for entering a second card with the All You Need is Love challenge on the My Time to Craft Blog! Hugs, Cathy

Sarah said...

I absolutely LOVE the way you have added the sentiment here, such a great look. Thank you for sharing your lovely card at AYLI. Sarah DT

Judy V said...

Very creative design Billie! Thanks for joining our Add a Heart challenge at Crafty Gals Corner!

LucieGCards said...

Love how you've used that SSS branch die! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Ceal said...

great card, love all the different elements of the design. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

Keti's Projects said...

Beautiful card. I love all the 3d dimension of the card. Thanks for playing with as at Pile it On. I'm sorry for late commenting, but I had a really hectic couple of weeks. Hope to see your project again on our next challenge comming up. Keti (DT)

wendipooh13 said...

LOVE the hanging hearts!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!

Juliet A said...

The watercolor hearts totally make this card! I'm so glad you joined us at the Heartful Stamping Challenge!

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional for a boy / man” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Stempel-Magie)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…