Tuesday, January 03, 2017

The world needs more kindness - Inspiration Destination #119

Wednesday January 4, 2017
 
Welcome to 2017. Hope you had a safe enjoyable new years celebration.. We never seem to make it to midnight and for sure don't go anywhere. Living in the country we always have fireworks go off during celebrations so we were awake but not by choice.. LOL. 
 
Welcome also to a new Inspiration Destination.. We're back and now our challenges go for two weeks.  Not weekly anymore.  I like also that we don't always have a sponsor so we can use whatever we want so I am going to use my stamps that have never seen ink. 
This is Inspiration Destination #119  We're still ANYTHING GOES
 
I hope your new year brings a kinder world. I was thinking of the world and how we need more kindness in it. So I took out a new stamp set I got from Honey Bee's and die along with a couple Simon Says stamp sets and white embossed them on water color paper. I then used Ranger inks on my craft sheet, spritzed it with water and laid the water color paper in it and dried it and kept doing this till I got the effect I wanted. I then cut out the kindness die from black card stock. I really like the contrast that the black and pastels give. I mounted the water color paper on some more black card stock and then layered it to the card base. I hope you find time to play along at Inspiration Destination.. maybe break out some of your craft supplies you got for Christmas and have fun..
 


Challenges:
PDE linky #153 - anything goes
Allsorts wk. 396 - something new (die/sentiment)
My time to craft #337 - something new (die/sentiment)
Simon Monday - Start afresh (die/sentiment)
Love to scrap #93 - anything goes
A bit more time to craft #35 - anything goes
Crafty sentiments - something new (sentiment and die)
Digi choosday wk. 1- anything goes
Crafting by design- anything goes
Simon Wednesday - something new (sentiment/die)
Color throwdown #424 - color/photo
Word art Wednesday wk.264-265 - anything goes
Crafty gals corner #104 - something new (birthday die)
613 Ave. create #193 - anything goes/opt. twist







19 comments:

Patricia Alvarez said...

I absolutely love your card!!! Hugs

Sheila H said...

So colorful and pretty!

Karen B. said...

Wow! That background is jaw dropping gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Billie, this is such a gorgeous work of art! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Word Art Wednesday. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Blessings,
Misty Delgado DT

webbelthings.blogspot.nl said...

Beautiful card Billie! Love how you made the background and love the qoute, so true.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Challenge and hope to see you again next time.
Hugs, Wendy / GDT

Chana Malkah said...

I am always impressed by your creativity when creating backgrounds! Great project and beautifully executed! I will have to try your technique! Thanks for dropping by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Mervi said...

That's so true, fabulous and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts' NEW Challenge;-))m

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

GalFridayStamping said...

What a fabulous make Billie! That background is to die for. Thank you for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday. Jane P. DT

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Thank you for joining us over at LTSCB. Love this project, colours are just fab.
Good luck in the challenge Pen x DT Member

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Billie:
This background is beyond amazing. I love all those amazing colors, and the technique is GORGEOUS! This is a stunner. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Monika Reeck said...

Billie yyaayyy smoshing Technique?
with pastel color
I never try
this is soo adorable and you made more than one time smoshing the paper to the craft sheet full with distress ink?I did it one time only and my paper already curly hhmmmm
you did so well Billie
this technique is your patent hehe LOL
and the Kindness in Black is woooww effect
oh ya I did not get a set of crafty goodies I got TOMTOM it is a navigation system for my card from hubby
and crafty stuff?I bought by my self some on Amazon some on Ebay (new one) some on Craft Store in Germany (on line) I got 3 new Embossing folder from SU and 4x stencil from SU it was discount time each only 5 Euro or so for the E.Folder. Then I bought some stamp from THE TON I love the ladies image there...
oops I write too much hehe..let me jump to your other cards Billie
hugs
Monika

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is nothing short of phenomenal! I am so impressed with the visual punch this card packs, and yet it is so sophisticated and soothing at the same time. I applaud the skillful color blending you did here and love how you made some of the components stand out in white against that incredible background. The whole thing is striking and I love both the look of it and the power of the sentiment. I really love this piece and am so glad you decided to share it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Amy Rohl said...

Billie, this is just amazing! LOVE the embossing and that die cut sentiment - swoon! Thank you playing along with us at CTD this week!

Rae Ann said...

Love the background you created. The white embossing adds such great contrast along with the bold black die cut sentiment.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Use Something New challenge.

Broni said...

What a beautiful background!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

debby4000 said...

What an amazing background it makes a fabulous card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

SewPaperPaint said...

How very beautiful! Biggest congrats on your SSS spotlight feature! Woo hoo! Hugs, Autumn