Monday, May 18, 2015

Catch the bug / Anything But a Card Monday... Stay clam and get your craft on

Monday May 18, 2015
 
 

Well this was a no brainer ABC.. I have been thinking about this for some time and today is the day.. I have a day planner that I keep track of all my design team cards to post.. If I didn't I would be pulling my hair out. It keeps me so on track. Well since I only use it for my blog I thought this was perfect place for the divider page.  I used the image Girlz - get your craft on ..  I took a piece of chip board and cut it down to my journal page size. (I should of used gesso on it but didn't .. next time I will) and I used different ranger paints all over it, and some sprays. I then dropped liquid pearls dots all over and let it dry.. Needless to say I did not care for it after it dried, so I watered down some white paint  and brushed it over the page.. the paint and sprays bled through and kind a gave a nice look. It needed some punch so I took black paint and the cap to a spritz bottle and dipped it in the black paint and did the circles all over. I added the washi tape at the top that gives the week days.. I cut apart the sentiment that goes with the image and added it. I colored the image with copics and adhered it down. I am pleased with the look, but I sure learned a few things in the process for the next one.  I did spritz the back side of the page so it looked more than just chip board.


Challenges:
Simply papercraft #4 - atg
Not just cards #19 - atg
613 Avenue create #124 - atg/ opt twist teacher (craft teacher)
Scribble and scrap #44 - atg
We love to create #10 - atg /mix media

recipe: catch the bug/bugaboo - girlz get your craft on, chip board, various sprays, ranger paints, white paint, black paint for the rings, washi tape, liq pearls, copics.




6 comments:

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Super cute! What a great page. I always want to make things like this but I never do. Great use of the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Simply Papercraft, hope to see you again soon!
Jennifer, DT

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a fabulous image for your divider page and so beautifully coloured too. A lovely colourful page to look at when you open your planner and great that you have personalised it. Thanks for joining in the challenge at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Lorraine DT

Monika Reeck said...

Cooolll cover of your time planner Billieee
love all the color the sentiment the image and the idea
Billie why you said you did not use GESSO..please explain me a bit what is the main point to use Gesso..I bought and never used it hihi
if you have idea please mailing me and I LOVE THIS cover of your time planner..great made Billie

Lou Sims said...

Great idea, beautifully executed. Many thanks for joining in with our "anything goes" challenge over at Love to Create. Lou (DT)

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at Not Just Cards Challenge!
Monica - DT

Yvonne said...

Colourful and fun project. Thank you for joining us over on the We Love 2 Create Challenge blog and good luck.